The Tilton-Northfield Water District (TNWD) was formed in April 2005 at a meeting with the people of Tilton and Northfield with the purpose of creating a Water District and purchasing the Tilton & Northfield Aqueduct Co., Inc. The District took over the office of the Aqueduct on Main Street in 2006 and moved to their current location in 2008.
Tilton-Northfield Water District (TNWD)
The Tilton-Northfield Water District is operated by three Commissioners each elected to a three year term with one elected by the people every year. It is financed by the revenue generated by the Tilton & Northfield Aqueduct Co. No revenue is received by taxation.
The Commissioners are responsible for the planning, operation and maintenance of the water system.
Tilton & Northfield Aqueduct Co., Inc (TNAC)
The Tilton & Northfield Aqueduct Co., Inc. was established in June of 1887 and is governed by a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Directors. All revenue is generated by quarterly water billing, as well as new water customers connecting to the system.
Sean T. Chandler - President
Arthur N. Demass - Vice-President
Glen F. Brown - Director